Nadia

Nadia
Hard at work

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Kerrie Anne???

Speaking of things looking up, let me fill you in...........................One of my wedding cakes has been featured in Cosmo Brides Magazine and subsequently gained a little attention. This Friday, THE cake (or rather a real one I am remaking) will be featured on the Kerrie Anne Show. Go Figure....apparently Kerrie Anne is going to cut into mine and (hopefully) share it around. 4 tiers worth of white chocolate and raspberry cakes have just come out of the oven. I will ganache and decorate tomorrow. Along with the 2 other cakes I have on order and work on Friday on the cake book, that has nearly reached it's deadline. I have just done a shoot with Good Food magazine, booked 2 days with super food ideas, and have 2 features to develop. One for Good Food and one for Recipes Plus. It all sounds awesome doesn't it. Now I have so much work I am turing it a way. And then...As if by magic, or a ghostly placed lottery win, money turned up in my bank account. When does that ever happen? No seriously, when does that HAPPEN..... It doesn't happen to us. The missing accountant must have found his way to the ATO and submitted our tax!!!!  2 years back pay of parenting payments and childcare subsidies have saved us. Or rather helped us to save ourselves. ALL the bills are paid, the landcruiser is insured and the credit card has finally be paid off for the first time in 5 years!!  I can afford to get the kids a lunch order when I have no food in the house and dinners have become much more interesting than rice and eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment